Duck Hunting Forum banner

What's yalls combo?

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  saltnbattery 
#1 ·
Just curious to see what everybody on here likes to shoot with what chokes/ammo?

Right now im shooting a SBE2 with a patternmaster long range. Winchester Blind Side 2's.

#3 ·
Galactic Ricky said:
I usually get a 4 piece supreme with FF and Iced T. Sometimes I like to switch it up with a Cajun Filet Combo, FF and Iced T. However, last week I went totally off the chain and got a 3 piece ( 2 thighs, 1 leg), dirty rice, and Iced T.
As long as you go with the bojangles honey mustard there is no wrong combo!

#4 ·
breakfast - chicken cheese bisquit, bo rounds, tea
lunch - wing dinner w/hot sauce, dirty rice w/ hot sauce, tea
every once in a while mix it up and get a steak bisquit w/ mustard and fries with heavy seasoning

#9 ·
the combo i like is finding ducks and being able to hit them. the ability to hit what you are shooting at and the patience to wait until they are in close killing range is much more important than the gun you shoot. I also like the 3 wing dinner with fries, buiscuit and sweet tea. just something about Bojangles chicken wings.

#10 ·
Chic fila sauce is by far the best condiment there is. My fiance (then gf) put me on to it. Its amazing.

my shotgun i use is a browning gold hunter 3.5" with Factory browning modified shoke Kent steel shot 3.5" 1 9/16 #2s
Seems to work pretty well.

#11 ·
payne14 said:
Galactic Ricky said:
I usually get a 4 piece supreme with FF and Iced T. Sometimes I like to switch it up with a Cajun Filet Combo, FF and Iced T. However, last week I went totally off the chain and got a 3 piece ( 2 thighs, 1 leg), dirty rice, and Iced T.
As long as you go with the bojangles honey mustard there is no wrong combo!
DAUM straight. I wouldn't even eat there (other than breakfast) if it wasn't for the honey mustard. I think they put crack in it or something. :beer:

As far as duck hunting last year I used an 1100 FC bbl with #2 Winchester Xperts. Worked pretty good. This year I'm using an A400, factory Mod with #2 black cloud. That combo ought to slay'em after they see my 57 mojos. :lol3:

#21 ·
Drop Zone[b:eoxfdogn said:
":eoxfdogn]Number 1 breakfast combo, only served at The Plantation that I am aware of.
[/b]
Fried chicken pulled off the bone, fried egg over easy and sausage gravy...all served on a fresh made biscuit. Washed down with a pain killer or beer of choice.

Dam right, some good stuff right there! But grilled pork chops in lieu of the chicken in pretty dog gone good too. :thumbsup:

#22 ·
Couple of options: 2 eggs over easy served over grits (yes, being a southerner I chop the eggs up and stir the pieces and yolk juice into the grits with plenty of salt & pepper) with a side of sausage and using biscuits as a pusher (preferably with fig preserves on the biscuits). OR a big pot of homemade sausage gravy served over biscuits- the perfect remedy for that 1 too many bourbons the night before

As for shooting combo it is an A-5 w/ Kent #2 through an IC, LM or Mod choke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.