Duck Hunting Forum banner

Impoundment laws

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  drakemed323 
#1 ·
This is my first ever draw hunt. Been hunting ducks for 16 years and decided to apply this year. I got flat river impoundment. I have been searching for regulations as far as what time I can access the area what days I can scout etc. if anybody can tell me where to find this info or knows that impoundment. Me and my buddy have it on 12/20 if anybody hunts it before me and would like to pm info that would be great. If anybody has it after me let me know and I will pm you after the hunt with info. Thanks

#2 ·
All info can be found on the NCWRC site under the permit hunt opportunities page.
4 am is for all posted waterfowl impoundments
No restrictions for scouting out at Butner
This is off the top of my head and don't always believe what you read on these forums so verify the info yourself before proceeding.

#3 ·
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Reg ... _Lands.pdf
looks like to me you cant be in there before 4am and got to have decoys up by 3pm, the other map was broken on the link so couldnt see where all the detail parts are on scouting. iam sure if you go u can scout at a set point at anytime. even when guys are hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.