Duck Hunting Forum banner

General Outlook for Coastal Area

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Dingbatter 
#1 ·
Time is drawing near. I have been away hunting in Canada. Right before i left my scouting did not reveal an abundance of birds. Just got back and have not checked since the cold front. Is it still too early or should we experience general overall good shooting. (I know there are spots where the experienced will get their's regardless)

#2 ·
Just back last night myself. Damn good to be back to eastern nc

I think this front will be good news for us. Sort of a mini-Sandy (ok, very mini) effect. Combine this with the moon, and I think we'll have a better than avg opener on the coast.

I already have a report of divers appearing this past weekend ahead of the wx in the northeast. Good stuff.

No hunting for me. I don't own my life anymore......

#5 ·
Haven't gotten the chance to scout any but it's shaping up to be a good opener. This mega front this past weekend should have pushed some birds down. There is also supposed to be one more front coming through at the end of the week. Both of these fronts along with the moon should get good numbers of birds down here.

#9 ·
Was out today on the water. Fair amount of puddlers around and also some divers ( blk heads and some reds). Had 2 small groups of blk heads set in the decoys this morning. Also saw pond yesterday that was empty that was holding a fair amount of ringnecks today. Front and moon look to be good timing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.