Duck Hunting Forum banner

Currituck

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Duck U 2 
#1 ·
Hello North Carolina waterfowlers,
I just wanted to see who else hunts in the currituck area... I am a member of a small gun club in chruches island, right off the intercoastal waterway. we mainly hunt the coinjock sound, with 5 blinds on that side, and own one more blind on the currituck sound between churches isaldn and the outer banks... just wanted to see who else hunts around there... also, having hunted the early teal season the last few years and havent seen a whole lot, other than woodies... anyone had any good early teal hunts in that area and what is the outlook for this year..
wendall

:salude:

#2 ·
I haven't hunted Currituck, but have always wanted to. I am planning on trying to get a couple permits for Dec/Jan. I have a couple questions and any help is appreciated:

1. Anyone hunt Spot blind in Jan? Good diver area? What kind of area?
2. Anyone hunt the upper marsh area, blinds Oyster Cove or Wishes Hammock.

I have heard the water can be rough, between the tide and wind. I have hunted Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay for years and am familiar with the dangers of a strong wind in a shallow body of water.

PM me or email if you have any tips or suggestions.

#3 ·
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinking of hunting Currituck, and Spot blind looks like an easier access for the first trip. I may put in for some others as well, and try that. I'm familiar w/ rough shallow waters and wouldn't go if it were too rough, but I do have a gps on my boat and wouldn't mind trying these draw hunts.

Anyone have any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.