Duck Hunting Forum banner

Outfall Canal Bluebills and Sea duck!!!!

5K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  DuckMauler 
#1 ·
They are here finally. Best hunt of the year for them. 4 limits of bills, 5 scoters, and even got a stray teal!!!

#5 ·
Montana,

Here's the routine around here:

1. It's a joke to one member.
2. It isn't to another member.
3. They both get mad.
4. The guy with 3 million posts thinks he has some kind of wierd seniority.
5. The guy who spilled the beans on a location gets defensive.
6. They write angry messages.
7. The moderator cuts off the link.

Happens every time.

Paul

#6 ·
Thanks Paul! It ain't my first rodeo around here. I saw some divers around Harker's the other day and some heading to Oriental the other day on the ferry. Must be nice watching virtual google earth! BTW, maybe we can grab a slice of pizza at the MichaelAngelo's in AB one day or catch a bluefin when they aren't commercially fished out. I got some great spots bro! :thumbsup: BTW, you are right on how those steps go down! :thumbsup:

#9 ·
diverduck said:
I cant hunt again till the last 3 days so someone elce should have some good shooting!!!!!
Hopefully the area will be over hunted and shot out by the time you return and you will stare at empty skys those last 3 days of hunting.

#15 ·
Man they are thick out there sit on the end of outfall rd. this afternoon and saw several thousand at least. Tons of bills and buffies but could only id a few bunches of redheads with the binos. Could not see many cducks from my vantage point. My boat is done for the year needs repairs hope some of ya'll can get on them.

#16 ·
That is why im going out of town to do some shooting! Way to go quackhead. Thanks diver duck your the man!!!!! You got to resort to bigger water like this after deer season goes out so the deer/duck gunners want be eatin you up on the smaller water with there moss-nelli's shooting sportmans steel bb's. Always turn around at the boat ramp if you get there and theres trucks with dog boxes w/ a boat seat and shooting rail on top!!! :thumbsup:

#19 ·
ncsu_duckman said:
yeah 82989, it is hard to hunt a boat like the one u were on this morning at a place like the canal. I wouldnt trust that dingy on a mill pond. I beleive the dog box you are talking about would float a little better.
What???? I was on a center console Crestliner. If you WERE there you must have been on a boat that was being hauled on one of those jet ski trailers at the ramp!!!!

#21 ·
ncsu_duckman said:
Nah, thats what my buddy pulls my layout boat with that I take out on my center console. I was on the 20' DU Mitch Craft wit the jet motor but i prolly went by u too fast for u to recognize me
Yea that confirms it, you werent there. No 20' was going anywhere there this morning. And if you did have a 20' ***** unlimited mitch craft you wouldnt be beating around RR. Plus a layout blind would have been a little more suitable than a layout boat this morning. :thumbsup:

#22 ·
Nah, I was there but stayed in one spot all morning. Didn't see much flying but was well hidden. Did get to see you waste some time though. I just took the layout boat just in case we never used it this morning except to keep decoys in. Only reason i went to rr was because I had somewhere to go around there around lunchtime and figured i go when i came out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.