pamilico point impoundments

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

pamilico point impoundments

Postby jmh0101 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:07 pm

I have heard that you will only be able to hunt these by permit this year. Where in years past there were like three days open to the public. Anyone fill me in.
jmh0101
hunter

Postby diverduck » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:15 am

PP, CC, and SR are all open to the public on Tuesday, and Saturday, and the opening and closing days of season now through Nov. 1.After Nov 1 a permit is required for every day except for tuesday. So you can hunt with no permit on tuesdays.
diverduck
hunter

Postby uncbornbred » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:37 pm

... i hunted pamlico point 10-12 years ago on a draw permit (sounds like they may have changed access). we put in at oyster creek. had to watch closely for crab pots (in the dark going in or coming out). hunts were pretty successful ... teal, mallards, even dropped a couple of pentails.

... my boys are finally showing some interest in hunting (21 and 19). i really excited about this and am rekindling some relationships for hunt opportunities.

... good luck if you hunt pamlico
uncbornbred
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:20 am

I've hunted there, and had some success, but it was a blue bird day. I could see it being great with some fowl weather.
UNC, I'm 29 and have been hunting w/ my Dad since I was 3. We still hunt Ducks together, and have some great times. We take a trip together at least once a year. Hopefully your sons will love it as much as you do.
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby uncbornbred » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:41 am

U2,

Always nice to hear father and son stories. My younger son went with a couple of friends yesterday and today. They came out with two or three. My son shot his first greenhead. I was tickled for him. Looking forward to us hunting together.

Have a good season.
uncbornbred
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting