Tucker Town

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Tucker Town

Postby talkinquack » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:17 am

Hunted on Tucker Town this morning. Shot one time and killed one immature woodie drake. Wasn't a bad morning. It could have been worse. I could have shot and missed. Had one woodie decoy at 07:55 this morning. He landed about twenty yards from my decoys. He looked like he was going to come on in but he decided to swim across the lake. It was a nice day to hunt. Overcast and light wind. I seen around a dozen or so birds. Heard a lot of shooting. Gonna try it again in the mornin. Same spot, same time.

I smoke my quack with a remington 1100
talkinquack
hunter

Question about tucker town.

Postby Duckslayer76 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:41 am

What is it best to hunt tucker town.i.e (boat, shore etc) i hunt at the coast mostly and heard alot about this lake but have never gotten to hunt it. is there any good shore line or is hunting from the boat the only way to go. Thanks
Duckslayer76
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:03 am

You can hunt this lake from the shore or by boat. There are several spots that you can hunt pretty good on the shore. That's how I have been hunting it for the past seven or eight years. I am getting my boat fixed in the next several weeks so I can start hunting the big water. If you want to hunt this lake and you want someone to help ya around it let me know. I have never hunted at the coast, but would like to the first chance I get. I bet it's a whole different world down there than it is up here.

I smoke my quack with a remington 1100
talkinquack
hunter

Postby Duckslayer76 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:10 am

I may take u up on that what kinds of birds do yall mostly kill down there. Is it mainly puddle ducks or do you get some divers as well. i hunt alot of divers but ive always like to shoot puddlers. thanks
Duckslayer76
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:24 am

We mostly kill mallards and woodies. I killed one gadwall about two years ago. There have been some redheads killed on High Rock adjacent to Tucker Town. We don't see many divers. If we do the birds made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up here. Let me know if ya need anything I will be glad to help anyway I can.
talkinquack
hunter

Postby Duckslayer76 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:38 am

iight thanks i may be headed down there next weekend to take a look around ive got to get my boat back from the beach. thanks for all the info ill be in touch if i have any question. one more thing what is the most convinent boat ramp comeing from winston salem. or closeest to the hunting shop. if you want you can Email me that info @ quackkills76@yahoo.com email on this site doesnt work. thanks man.
Duckslayer76
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:49 pm

Hey duckslayer. I sent you an email. Let me know if you got. If not I'll send it again.
talkinquack
hunter

Postby Duckslayer76 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:40 am

Yea man i got your email thanks for the info.
Duckslayer76
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:11 pm

Let me know if ya need anything else. Maybe we can get together and hunt sometime.

I smoke my quack with a Remington 1100
talkinquack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting