NCWRC LOTTERY

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

NCWRC LOTTERY

Postby dbohunts » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:28 pm

I put in for a couple of the lottery hunts through the NCWRC this year for the first time. When should we here back with the results? This is only my 2nd year hunting ducks and first time trying the lottery. Anyone else had luck with the lottery hunts?

Good HUnting, DBO
dbohunts
hunter

Drawing is Today

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:18 am

They are having the drawing today (10/10/05). You should hear something within the next week or so. I have gotten permits for the past 2 years at Butner. 1st year the wind was blowing so hard it capsized my decoys. Last year, the ice was 2" thick. I have a friend that has been hunting there for 5 years and he always has a productive hunt.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby dbohunts » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 am

Thanks, can't wait to find out. I have been a long time deer hunter and was just recently introduced to ducks. I am hooked, this might take over as my new obsession!
dbohunts
hunter

Draw Dates

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:51 am

Draw dates for many of the special hunt opportunities have been pushed back. I called today (10/11/05) and they have not drawn for the swan permits or the Butner impoundments. The person I spoke with said they should draw within the next week.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting