Going to NODAK need waterfowl report

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Going to NODAK need waterfowl report

Postby xfps » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 pm

Im heading towards Skakawea first weekend of November. Any info would be appreciated.
xfps
hunter

Postby birdshooter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:42 am

I was in the central part of the state couple of weeks ago, just after they had a major snowstorm. We shot a limit of mallards everyday. I'm hearing there's still alot of ducks and geese staging in canada, and no real big push yet. Early November is kind of that period where it could be very good, or things could freeze up in a hurry. check the Nodak outdoors message boards, you should be able to find some info there.

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/forums/
birdshooter
hunter

Postby webfootwacker » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:13 am

Just talked to farmer buddies in the Devils lake area and he said new ducks have been coming in the past week and snows have been steadily streaming in for the past 4 days.There is more to come from Canada and weather dependant,should peak in a week or so.Also once the ice stays the ducks are gone.
webfootwacker
hunter

Postby xfps » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 pm

Thanks for the info I will be heading up Weds Nov. 2 I will let you guys know how it went.
xfps
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting