ND ? regarding vehicles

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

ND ? regarding vehicles

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

I have a question regarding driving out into fields to set up. Can you drive into fields with your trailers to set up or not. How does that work do you have to ask permission to drive out to hunting spot or what?? or can you just do it on posted open land?? :huh:

Thank you
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Re: ND ? regarding vehicles

Postby twopopper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 pm

In North Dakota it is legal to drive on unposted land to set up, that includes pulling a trailer. If the land is posted, of course, you will need permission from the land owner or renter. A word of advice, we have had lots of rain today and more coming tonight, I would advise you to ask permission before driving in any feild posted or not this weekend. We had a wet last week of early goose season here, and a lot of feilds got rutted up by hunters. Needless to say alot of No Hunting posters have gone up since. If the land isn't posted, ask around, you will find out who owns it.
twopopper
hunter

Re: ND ? regarding vehicles

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:32 am

Thank you
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting