2 hunters looking for a place to stay

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

2 hunters looking for a place to stay

Postby goosewhisperer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 am

Myself and a friend of mine are planning on coming out to ND and are having a hard time finding a place to stay. We are looking around Streeter, Gackle, or Robinson. If anyone has any info on a house or a decent hotel to stay at please let me know. We are planning on coming out for the first week in November and we are driving from PA. Thanks.
Molt Gear Society Staff
Anatidae Wingshooting Adventures, LLC Pro-Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Re: 2 hunters looking for a place to stay

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 am

goosewhisperer wrote:Myself and a friend of mine are planning on coming out to ND and are having a hard time finding a place to stay. We are looking around Streeter, Gackle, or Robinson. If anyone has any info on a house or a decent hotel to stay at please let me know. We are planning on coming out for the first week in November and we are driving from PA. Thanks.

Your best bet is the Lone Steer in Steele - not aware of any lodging in any of those 3 towns.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby mcclinj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 am

Id say Steele is your best bet too, I was out there working for DU this spring, and we stayed in Tuttle, but only because of the DU connections. Kidder County is great, but the towns basically have a grain elevator, with a few houses. The people in kidder county we dealt with were not especially friendly to hunters and wildlife people.
mcclinj
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:54 am

Unfotanetly some folks tend to ruin it for the whole group. I have run across plenty of farmers in the Eastern part of the state that don't let people hunt their land because a bad hunter ruined it for the whole group. I have seen out of state guys drive by the hole I was setup on. Throw their binoculars across my decoy spread. Then hop out of the truck and start blasting.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby Quack Kills 13 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:18 pm

How ab the Coteau Cottage in Gackle?
Quack Kills 13
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting