out of staters

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

out of staters

Postby jeeprunner81 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:04 am

Sorry I gotta say. I hate out of staters they can all get screwed especiaslly MN. I have had allot of run in with you folks and your bunch of $#% holes. Go hunt your own state and leave our native habitat alone We don't need your money in our state, farmers take care of our state revenue. I hope most of them don't let you mn hunt their land either. I know My location is Utah but I'm a ND Native Serving My country in the Military. hate the fact that I see more and more of A holes every year I hope the state pushes those liceneses to outrageuos pricessay like $400 a season I would like that then :hammering: :pissed:

It seems the military has not taught you any manners what so ever and you are disgracing the honor of the men and women that are serving and have served our country by your behavior by cussing in somebodies elses home by disrespecting our rules here. You are hereby suspended. Admin2
jeeprunner81
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:15 pm

Sorry I gotta say. I hate out of staters they can all get screwed especiaslly MN. I have had allot of run in with you folks and your bunch of $#% holes. Go hunt your own state and leave our native habitat alone We don't need your money in our state, farmers take care of our state revenue. I hope most of them don't let you mn hunt their land either. I know My location is Utah but I'm a ND Native Serving My country in the Military. hate the fact that I see more and more of A holes every year I hope the state pushes those liceneses to outrageuos pricessay like $400 a season I would like that then Hammerin Very Upset

How do you really feel?? :umm:

I'm not a fan of non-res, but rambling tyrades like this make us seem like $#% holes.
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:23 pm

mabey your just jelous because some out of stater out worked your ars on your own territory. work harder or shoot better one of the two, a hole
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:15 pm

why cant we all just get along :thumbsdown:
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:56 pm

What fun would that be?!?!?!?!? :salude:
goldhunter470
hunter

wow

Postby ducksbuck » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:29 pm

Hey guys,

interesting to see how people feel about non-resident hunters. I live in Minnesota, but realy enjoy the hunting oppertunities that Wisconsin has to offer. This next season, I will be out to you neck of the woods(or prarie). I also plan to hunt Iawa. This spring I am going out to S. Dak for snows. It is too bad that there are hunters that give you the idea that all non-residents are crappy. If it is the fact that we have great hunting here, but come over there to hunt your birds, then we should probably discuss fishing. Minnesota is one of the most generous states in their non-resident licenses. We have terrific fishing, and the state is very willing to share it. The people, are another thing. I understand viewing non-residents diferently. When it comes down to it, people are people, they can do stupid things. Minnesotans, Iawans, Wisconsiners, and yes, probably N and S Dakotans.

I live for two things, serve God,,,,,and close behind that,,,,,,hunt waterfowl. I want any hunting experiences I can get.
Buck

Our passions will take us much farther than our occupations.
ducksbuck
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:51 pm

Where in the hell is the mod for this forum, jeeprunner who in the H*&^ do you think you are, obviously you must be young and have no idea what out of staters bring to your state, i'm sorry to tell you buddy but your farmers don't make that much rev. Do you reserch before you start cusing out of staters, so what do you call yourself when you go hunting in the state that you are station at, i'm sure you have pissed off a few hunter cus you trampled on there huntin spot. Seems like you need to take your jeep to the hill and get some fresh air. :pissed:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:53 pm

Boy's before this gets too far out of hand cool it. We have folks from other countries comming here to hunt and they get all bent out of shape because we require them to hunt with a guide. Now if this topic continues to be heated it will be locked.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 am

I don't want to add to the heat here. But we have hunted in ND just about every year for the past 10. I'm in AZ now. But grew up in Wi. on the Mississippi. I know duck hunting and I don't think it matters what state you are from, its who you are. And being rude and angry doesn't take you to far in life. And usually leaves a bad impression.

I know how much money I give to the towns we stay in each year. I know how many people I have visited with from out of state while in those towns. Yes you do need our money. Infact, because of the rules changes and the hurt to the economy of the area I hunt. If you were to pull up in a North Dakota truck and they didn't know you. They would not give you permission to hunt. Thats how upset a lot of those farmers are over the resident hunters. Just a little anicdotal evidence from my listenings in the Moose or Elks or Eagles clubs. Something I have been told by many a person there. So be angry at me if you wish. I will hunt, and befriend some wonderfull people in the great state of North Dakota.

All things come to pass. But I'll shoot after the the third. :mrgreen:
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:32 am

I'm sorry for gettin so mad and useing foul language it just struck a nerve cus i'm in the millitary and have hunted all the way from the United Kingdom, England to Alaska and i'm considerd an out if stater and welcome out staters when i go back home. Shoot i fell like an out of stater when i go back home because i have been away for so long. Anyhow lets just get back to duks. :salude:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goldhunter470 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:41 am

When I stated above "I am not a fan of non-res" I was refering to guys that hire guides and outfitters, fly in for a few days, and leave. ND is one of the only, if not the only, state with a no tresspass law. Guides are not needed for excellent hunting opportunities in this state. G/O lease up land and decrease hunting opportunities for the guy who wants to take a weekend and just puddle jump. There is plenty of PLOTS, WPAs, and WMAs in ND for freelance hunting. The whole R-NR battle is mainly over res not wanting more land taken out of the loop. So come up, freelance your butt off, and I'll buy you a beer (or a soda!) in the local watering hole. :salude:
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:13 am

So what ur saying is that N.D. is pretty much open to the public, if so i didn't no that and i would love for you to buy me a beer or coke!!! All i know about N.D. is that around the air force base is really really flat. :thumbsup:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goldhunter470 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:39 am

All i know about N.D. is that around the air force base is really really flat.

If you look hard enough, you can see the back of your head! :laughing:

Yea, ND has no tresspass law, so if land is not posted, you can hunt it. Posted land is still an "ask first" kind of deal. I will admit, the best way to get game is to have contacts but not everyone has the time or money to go out and make those contacts.

I'm not sure how many people know what PLOTS is. It is Private Land Open to Sportsmen. Basically the Game and Fish Department uses money from the sale of licenses to "rent" land for public use. It is a great program that helps everyone who doesn't want to pay $200 per day per gun to hunt. This is a link to last years PLOTS guide.

www.gf.nd.gov/info/plots.html
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:52 am

Well i can tell you that to the down south people plots of land mean peices of land that we have disked out for our own pretty much a plot is a peice of land that is our own not just an ackranim. keep us redneck informed on the new stuff. :thumbsup:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goldhunter470 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 am

You got it!! I'll keep a cold Bud and Coke in the fridge for ya!! :salude:
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:10 pm

Thanks guys for keeping it civil :thumbsup:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Thanks guys for keeping it civil

What's that supposed to mean!! Just kidding!! :salude:
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:48 pm

I'm not sure what you all have for a definition for civil in the U.S. cause you had a war that you called the "Civil War" which was anything but civil. Go figure! :laughing: Sorry guys I couldn't resist. Thanks again though! I know your probably woundering why I'm monitoring this and it is simple, Chris seems to be absent so I'm just filling in.

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:40 pm

Just curious Greg, who's the lucky person taking that picture of you in your avatar?? :laughing:
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:05 am

Why it was a good lookin guy by the name of Greg :toofunny: Took it my-self so as not to scare anyone too bad. :salude:

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:04 am

Them nose hairs are pretty scary :eek: :eek: :eek:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goldhunter470 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:45 pm

Them nose hairs are pretty scary

I thought that was a mustache!!!! :umm:
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:17 pm

:yes: its a bit of both :laughing:

Greg Wile
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting