Duck Hunting Forum banner

best camo?

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Bull Can 
#1 ·
wondering what camo you guys like best for geese and ducks in nd ?

#5 ·
I skipped paint 10 years ago and buy a $10 early season face mask. Slides over your head, and covers your chin and nose area. Paint is a pain to clean off at night, and it costs money each time you use it. Head nets last 5-8 years.

Later season I do the same, but with wool/poly pro. If you hunt with me, in my spot, etc., you are not coming out with that shiny nose and chin!

#6 ·
If you are in a layout blind, the camo pattern really doesn't matter too much. Just make sure you have your face painted up or covered with a mask of some sort. I use both since I get tired of having the mask around my neck. Just do what you feel the most comfortable in.

Last year in my layout blind I wore a black fleece jacket and a camo beanie, worked just fine. If you are in the weeds/cattails hunting water, just about any pattern out there will work. Use what you have and just have fun.

H2OfowlND

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.