Central Flyway Traveling Decoy

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Central Flyway Traveling Decoy

Postby canbakchaser » Mon May 16, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm setting up the central flyway deek. I'm kind of starting to take some names to get an Idea of how long its staying in each state. Now what I'm thinking is we zig zag it either starting it in Montana and going Monatana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico? Or vice versa. We have time to plan this out if you guys live close to each other set up group hunts you are responsible for getting the address of the next guy in line to ship it out. GO!
Special Thanks to Autumn Wings Decoys for donating the 2011-2012 Central Flyway Rambler.
canbakchaser
hunter

Re: Central Flyway Traveling Decoy

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Not sure how I missed this but I'd be game.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby montana quackhead » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Kinda confused? :huh: But I travel between Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota frequently. And hunt ducks mainly in Montana. Would I be of use? :lol3:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 am

I talked to Jensen last week. We will hunt together with the deke and take some pictures with his fancy camera. BTW, are we going to get a fancy cork decoy like the Mississippi flyway boys have? What happens to it at the end?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby canbakchaser » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 am

We have a hand carved wooden Canvasback that I had to go through hell to get, So do you guys mind if i have it back at the end?
Special Thanks to Autumn Wings Decoys for donating the 2011-2012 Central Flyway Rambler.
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I'll put that thing on all sorts of dead critters. :biggrin: Hell, may even shoot a can over it! :biggrin:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 am

canbakchaser wrote:We have a hand carved wooden Canvasback that I had to go through hell to get, So do you guys mind if i have it back at the end?

No, I am ok with that. I just wanted to know what the deal was. I would really like it if at the end of the season you showed a pic of it on your fireplace, ect. Hopefully I will have it long enough to set it on a dead coyote or a couple of pheasants.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:40 pm

PM me if you want some good pics out of ND with it. I'll make sure you get it back. :thumbsup:
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby TomKat » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:54 am

Hey, now we are talking!!!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby canbakchaser » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

Chris your in.
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am

what happens when somebody accidently shoots it?
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 am

that person buys another one, and pays for shipping to ALL of the other places the rest of the season. ...so pick your shots carefully.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby shootable Goose » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:52 am

Yeah no kidding. I was hunting with a friend of a friend one time and we were sitting in the blind. off in the distance we saw a duck slowly swimming right towards us. it kept swimming towards us until it was about 5 feet out of our decoys. As it got close i could tell that it was somebodys decoy that came loose from there spread up stream. the friend of a friend got up and ran towards it at blasted it.... TWICE!!!! still thinking it was a duck! haha at the end of the day he had to give the guy 25 bucks.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting