PLOTS question

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

PLOTS question

Postby jdaves » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:00 am

I was looking at the PLOTS map on the game and fisheries website and I noticed that when you click on info of a particular PLOT that it lists "Program Acres" and "Access Acres". Is "Access" just the # of acres that are accessible by vehicle?
jdaves
Newb

Re: PLOTS question

Postby jgoetz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:31 am

Without looking at the maps and website this is what I can tell you from past experience. Yes, you are on the right track. All PLOTS land can be hunted on. Only some can be driven on. Pay attention to the signs on the fields themselves it will say which one it is.

Maybe Chris can weigh in with more info for ya. Best of luck.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby chiefbadger » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Are you a non resident? If yes, it is not accurate that you can hunt on all PLOT lands. ALL Plot lands are closed to non residents for 1 week, for ALL hunting.

Chief
chiefbadger
hunter

Postby jdaves » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:48 am

Sorry for just getting back. Thanks for the response. Yes, I am a NR (Alabama). My father moved to Zeeland about a year ago and I'm trying to come up in October and give it a shot. I did see where NR were not allowed to hunt PLOTS or WMAs from Oct. 8th-14th. So my plan is to hunt the 15th thru the 19th. If it works out well, I'm going to try and make it an annual trip for me and my son (once he gets older). My father was a hunter (not so much duck) when he was younger so I'm having to sort of piece this thing together for us from down here. I've done a good bit of research and I'm somewhat clued in on the does and don'ts (no roost shoot etc.) If you can think of anything else that may be helpful please shoot me a pm.

I appreciate the help.

Jason
jdaves
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting