Missouri River hunting

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Missouri River hunting

Postby gupsy2083 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 am

I am from Kentucky, we hunt the Ohio river a lot, me and a buddy were wanting to come up and hunt the Missouri river... I have heard it can get really good around Thanksgiving, All i want to know is if there are plenty of public grounds and potholes to hunt around the river. I would love to have a good hunt up that way... Thanks in advance for any info...
The best thing in life besides a good wife is, when the sun is coming up, and the feet are down...
gupsy2083
hunter

Re: Missouri River hunting

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

gupsy2083 wrote:I am from Kentucky, we hunt the Ohio river a lot, me and a buddy were wanting to come up and hunt the Missouri river... I have heard it can get really good around Thanksgiving, All i want to know is if there are plenty of public grounds and potholes to hunt around the river. I would love to have a good hunt up that way... Thanks in advance for any info...

A lot of the river is closed to goose hunting. Ducks are spotty and stick to sand bars. The problem is the VAST majority of the bars are now washed away by the record flooding this spring/summer. Gonna be a tough year for the river.

All potholes around the river will be frozen by Thanksgiving...or SHOULD be.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting