Newbie field hunter has ?'s

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Newbie field hunter has ?'s

Postby likesbigspreads » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Been to North Dakota 4 times in the last 15 years, but this year we are really trying to concentrate on field hunting if there are any left up there that arent flooded. We are heading up the first week NR's can hunt and we will be about 10 miles from Canada. Do we need to bring sob decoys? When field hunting for ducks do most of you use a lot of canada decoys with a few mallards and flippys? We are trying to thin down our aresnal before we come. Thanks for any help! :bow:
likesbigspreads
hunter

Re: Newbie field hunter has ?'s

Postby 4Runner243 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 pm

6-12 geese set with feeders and a lookout goose. and then all the duck decoys you want to bring and a mojo if you have one
SPR-310
4Runner243
Newb

Postby TomKat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 pm

likesbigspreads wrote:Been to North Dakota 4 times in the last 15 years, but this year we are really trying to concentrate on field hunting if there are any left up there that arent flooded. We are heading up the first week NR's can hunt and we will be about 10 miles from Canada. Do we need to bring sob decoys? When field hunting for ducks do most of you use a lot of canada decoys with a few mallards and flippys? We are trying to thin down our aresnal before we come. Thanks for any help! :bow:

you have been there 4 times and you are asking questions like that?

Maybe you should be telling us what to bring....you are not, I am sure, engaging in internet scouting....
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby likesbigspreads » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm

you have been there 4 times and you are asking questions like that?

Maybe you should be telling us what to bring....you are not, I am sure, engaging in internet scouting....[/quote]
Meant to say we had never field hunted before. We always did the pothole thing. In 08' we tried a field setup and failed miserably. Trust me, no scouting here, already have a location and house to rent. Just trying to get an idea of what to take.
likesbigspreads
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Read this - I wrote it in 2002 but still is exactly the ticket today:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/field-ma ... unting.php
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting