north dakota duck hunting

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

north dakota duck hunting

Postby radloaar000 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 pm

hey im lookin forward to my first trip out to ND in november but imnot sure what section of the state is better if any. if i could get any advise thatd be very aprietiated thanks aaron.
radloaar000
Newb

Re: north dakota duck hunting

Postby H2OfowlND » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Sounds like you already have your trip planned. Hopefully you have a place to stay, since a lot of places are booked early. Also, in November, it can be a big risk to go that late. What dates are you looking at and what part were you thinking of going to?

H2OfowlND
H2OfowlND
hunter

Postby The Shovla » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:22 pm

going in Nov is risky and I would stay south. Up north has a very good chance of being froze out already unless you are on a big body of water. I've been froze out of most holes in the 3rd wk of Oct. before and then you only have fields and big water to rely on, as long as birds are still around.
The Shovla
hunter

Postby radloaar000 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:23 pm

were headin gout to linton north dakota on thiurdsay night should arrive in linton friday morning, if anyon has any updates or reports on how the ducks are please let me know thanks!
radloaar000
Newb

Postby H2OfowlND » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 am

Friday at noon is the opener for rifle deer hunting. Land access is already tight over there, and will be more so Friday morning. Good luck!

H2OfowlND
H2OfowlND
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting