Opening week hunt

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Opening week hunt

Postby JYduckhead » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 am

I just returned from my 1st trip to ND. All in all we had a good time. Shot alot of birds and several different species. It was not too difficult getting permission to hunt from most of the land owners. Although we did run into some traditional boys who do not like out of state people. Oh well, it didn't matter to much we just went down the road and found another spot to hunt. The only thing that bothered me was we ran into some locals who were out hunting one afternoon and began to talk with them. They had shot several gadwall and teal. They were bragging on how they slaughter the ducks. Which is ok if you need to make yourself feel better. The next part pi@#$% me off big time. These so called duck hunters dropped the tail agte of their truck and proceeded to throw 20 gadwall and teal into a ditch. Not only did they waste the birds they were over the limit by 6. They said these are crap ducks not worth eating. What the hell kind of horse crap hunters do you guys have in that state? This put a very bitter feeling in my stomach. We have always hunted in Canada for our yearly trip and as I stated this was the first time we hunted ND and will probably be the last. Just thought we would help out an economy in the US this year.
JYduckhead
hunter

Re: Opening week hunt

Postby H2OfowlND » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Did you do the right thing and get their plate number, vehicle description, and what the guys looked like, and turn them in to the game warden/sheriff deputy?

Every state has their bad hunters, and ND is not any different then the next state. These guys will get caught eventually, but need guys that actually see it to turn them in and correct the wrong.

H2OfowlND
H2OfowlND
hunter

Postby JYduckhead » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 am

yes I did. Also took a picture of birds in ditch on my cell phone for officer. I have no idea of the results?
JYduckhead
hunter

Postby Bull Can » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Happens everywhere, you did the right thing by calling them in. That shouldn't ruin hunting up in ND though. Just some idiots looking to burn shells.
Getcha Some Green
Bull Can
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting