Great State!!

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Great State!!

Postby tbyars » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:17 am

Just returned from my first trip to northeast ND in Alsen from waterfowling the past four days. Weather was warm and the birds were somewhat spooky as we guessed they were all resident birds as it was too warm to push any down from Canada. Hunted hard and limited out 3 out of 4 days. Shot mallards, teal, gadwall, pintail, wigeon, and geese so it was a mixed bag. I think the biggest thing I enjoyed the most besides my dog picking up more birds than ever was just the outlay of the land. Nothing up in that land as far as the eye can see except grain fileds and potholes! I now understand why it's called the Duck Factory. Don't get me wrong we had to waork hard each day both land and potholes for birds but it truly is a special place.:tu
Thanks,
Tim
tbyars
hunter

Re: Great State!!

Postby Bull Can » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Glad to hear you had success up here! It is great terrain, you truly can't beat it.
Getcha Some Green
Bull Can
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Glad you had a good trip - it is God's country.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Labs » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am

Chris Hustad wrote:Glad you had a good trip - it is God's country.

We all know that Wisconsin is "God's Country", as it is home to the Green Bay Packers....Northern Minnesota and North Dakota are REEEAAALLL close seconds in my book. Love the state and love the duck hunting out there, that's for sure... :thumbsup:
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Postby Bull Can » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Wisconsin is good for 2 things. Beer and Cheese. Nothing else.
Getcha Some Green
Bull Can
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting