Minot or Grand Forks??

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Minot or Grand Forks??

Postby CUTemDOWN » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:22 pm

I'm in the USAF stationed in UT currently. Thinking about a move and wondering which one of these areas is better. It seems like all the maps I've seen about the migration is either one would be good. I know it's just another out of stater moving in but, at least I'd actually be living there. I'm originally from S. IL so I prefer to hunt geese but will shoot a duck if you press me. Any help would be great. Thanks
CUTemDOWN
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Grand Forks itself is a bit out of the flyway, but 30 miles west is good hunting. Minot is really isolated. But GF is colder in the winter and more humid in the summer. But GF you have Winnipeg to the north or the Twin Cities 325Mi to the SE and points beyond towards home.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby goldhunter470 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:03 pm

Both of these areas are excellent. Like admin2 said 30 miles west of GF you run into great wetland and field hunting. About 40 miles NE of Minot is J. Clark Sayler Refuge. Really, anywhere between Minot and GF is great hunting. Along Hwy. 2 are some great wetlands. Good luck to which ever you choose! And welcome to North Dakota! :salude:
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby CUTemDOWN » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:55 pm

Thanks for the help guys. So I guess there's alot of area and alot of birds all down INT 2. Sounds promising, I think we are leaning towards Grand Forks right now but are still reasearching. THanks for the help and hopefully We'll be out there before the season starts.
CUTemDOWN
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting