1st trip to North Dakota

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

1st trip to North Dakota

Postby trouter7788 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 am

Hello all, I'm planing on coming out to duck hunt for the first time next October 2012. I was thinking about going to Harvey ND. Wanted to see if anyone has hunted around this area or is their a different place to try? I have a plot book and atlas. Lone Tree WMA looks like it would be decent and their seems to be other public places to check out in the area. I don't mind scouting and putting in the time and effort to find an area to hunt, to me this is half the fun.

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Mark...
trouter7788
hunter

Re: 1st trip to North Dakota

Postby sws002 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 am

You are right on track. We usually make base in Harvey and scout from there. We didn't make it down to the WMA, but I know a lot of guys in the area spend quite a bit of time down around that area. If you don't mind doing some driving, you should have no trouble finding birds, plenty of land available, and we were able to get permission on a couple places that were posted, some landowners don't want just anybody running around on their land so they want people to ask. Good luck!
sws002
hunter

Postby trouter7788 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks for responding... October can't get here soon enough! So sounds like I picked a decent area to start in.
trouter7788
hunter

Postby don novicki » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 am

Sent you a p.m.........
don novicki
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting