Last Day of the Season

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Last Day of the Season

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Well believe it or not, my buddies went out today on the last day of the season and limited on greenies. It's been that kind of year.....warm, warm, and yet even more warm. We still have 10's of thousands hanging out. Crazy
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Re: Last Day of the Season

Postby MODAKR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm

that's awesome! Not terribly surprised to hear that after checking weather this week and NoDak temps are same or warmer than St. Louis... Sakakawea is still open too. plus i heard that someone was water skiing the Missouri in Bismarck on Christmas day! just to get on the local news i would guess. Growing up in NoDak i always wanted to try hunting the high plains unit for late season ducks but never did it. glad to hear someone is taking advantage of a weird year. i would assume they field hunted them??? I would also guess that hardly anyone is hunting ducks yet at the end of the year. thinking about it makes me drool... my gear is waiting to be packed away til next season and i'm already thinking about spring snows
MODAKR
hunter

Re: Last Day of the Season

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:50 pm

They were field hunting, although water hunting was an option. Believe it or not there was a couple groups hunting the birds...more guys hunting late season lately.

It got up to 60 yesterday, just crazy.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting