Red River update please

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Red River update please

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:49 pm

Well, it's that time of year again and some of us are getting worried about the flooding on the Red. I've been hearing conflicting information on the news about the flooding situation at Fargo(I've heard that the river is 10-20 feet above flood level already) I know it's supposed to crest at Fargo any time now, but I want to know the story from people who live on or around the Red. I don't know how much snow you guys got over the winter, but we have had an above average snowfall this past winter and the river level is already high south of Winnipeg because of the fast melt we have had this spring. I'm praying that the flooding will not be as bad as it was in '97, but with the info I've heard it could be a possibility. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Chris_Hustad » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:15 pm

It wasn't as bad as the news made it out to be. It was REALLY close to '97 levels, however, after that year they've made the necessary preparations to ensure it didn't happen again.

All in all, the area is back to normal.
Chris_Hustad
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting