I've gone and done it....

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

I've gone and done it....

Postby benellibrother » Tue May 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Well, after applying for a couple thousand jobs my fiance and I finally managed to land a couple good career starting position in Minot....and an apartment(barely), all of our hunting gear, etc is out here with us. We have been pretty busy with our new jobs and all but we've managed to do is get around scouting the back country to learn the layout of the land (at least try, it's a lot different than Michigan to say the least). Only in ND can one almost kill a Canvasback via truck on their way to work lol...seriously almost happened last week. Anyways, I'm not necessarly asking for help but is there anything that we need to be aware of such as DO NOTs or any helpful suggestions to get us started....I'm NOT asking for locations (that's why man invented the automobile, horses arn't that great for scouting). :biggrin:
benellibrother
hunter

Re: I've gone and done it....

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Take some time and talk to farmers, lots of options out here so start some pre-scouting in early September.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby benellibrother » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Been doing a lot of talking and working with farmers, got some real good line ups for this fall...can't wait for th season to start..just need to order some shells.
benellibrother
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

I have a hunting house within an hour of Minot...let me know if you need a place to keep your stuff in duck/goose country (can't guarantee it won't get used though). :thumbsup:
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby DukkHunter » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey benelli, I'm in Minot. Get ahold of me. Were always lookin for more decent guys to hunt with.
work sucks.... lets hunt!
DukkHunter
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting