Out of State Hunters

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Out of State Hunters

Postby arkgreenhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Me n a group of about 5 or 6 other guys from here in Arkansas was wantin to come hunt in North Dakota this fall I was wondering if any of yall could give me some info on the best way to go about that or maybe even swap out helpin us out up there and you makin a trip down here to hunt some of our fields or even some of the best timber huntin about anywhere
arkgreenhead
Newb

Re: Out of State Hunters

Postby dsm16428 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Apparently you've never been on nodak.com??!! Three words...LOTS OF LUCK!!! :hammer:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby H2OfowlND » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 am

Best first advice I can give you is put in some time doing your research online through the ND Game and Fish website. Second, through their site order yourself a PLOTS guide or look at the online PLOTS guide. That will give you info on the land and water features. You can pretty much just throw a dart at a state map anywhere from the Canadian border to the South Dakota line, in the central part and you'll find ducks. Only big stipulation is finding lodging or camp sites. Once you get there be mobile and scout, scout, scout! Our way of hunting up North is a lot different than down South.

Read through some of the previous posts on here or go to www.nodakoutdoors.com for further ND info. Read through the posts on there and you'll be able to gather some good info, just take some of it with a grain of salt.

Another thing, you won't find a ND resident that will tell you exactly where to go. They've put in years to find their spots and won't give them up. The state has had an increase in hunting pressure and has really taken a toll on the land access and quality of hunting. It's pretty easy to find birds in ND, just have to put in your time and it will pay off.

H2OfowlND
H2OfowlND
hunter

Postby AVERYDOG1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:21 am

Arkgreenhead,

PM sent.
AVERYDOG1
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting