duck hunting in North Dakota

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

duck hunting in North Dakota

Postby duck hunting freek » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:00 am

Is it true that duck hunting in North Dakota consists mostly in fields? I'm preparing my duck hunting trip up there and was trying to plan accordingly.

What equipment do I need to bring?

duck hunting freek
duck hunting freek

Duck Hunting in ND

Postby duckin ND » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:27 pm

You can get ducks out of the goose decoys in the fields. Scout out the right fields, get permission and you'll do just fine duck hunting up there.

Good luck.
duckin ND

Duck Hunting the Roost

Postby NDnative » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:47 am

Remember that all of the major roosts aren't protected in North Dakota. If the ducks sleep there during the day...stay away! Otherwise you're burning the ducks for everyone.

Just a duck hunting tip!
NDnative

Postby marshman » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:34 pm

Its getting tougher up there. Too many guys and the birds get spooky quick.
marshman

cncbnc

Postby nbnb » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:05 am

cncnvnvbmb :lol:
nbnb

Postby srwmn » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 pm

srwmn

north dakota situation

Postby illinois hunter » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:18 pm

What zones in North Dakota have favorable conditions. My buddies are up there and they say that zone one is dry=no water in the potholes. We are going up on friday the 10th and dont want to make a mistake. We have zone one and three on our licenses. Can anyone please tell me of a good area with water please???? Thanks, Duckslayer at haas918@hotmail.com
illinois hunter

Re: north dakota situation

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:01 pm

illinois hunter wrote:What zones in North Dakota have favorable conditions. My buddies are up there and they say that zone one is dry=no water in the potholes. We are going up on friday the 10th and dont want to make a mistake. We have zone one and three on our licenses. Can anyone please tell me of a good area with water please???? Thanks, Duckslayer at haas918@hotmail.com

are you there?

Just got back from ND

Postby parr0098 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:39 pm

Me and two buddies just got back from a trip somewhere near devils lake and we had good success in the fields first morning we got our limit of ducks and canadians by 10 we were even able to choose and wait for green heads. If i was to give a word of advice it would just to make sure you go out the evening before and scout scout scout it makes a big difference.

JP
parr0098
hunter

forgot second day

Postby parr0098 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:44 pm

The second day we did just about as well on the way back we had to work a little more but still had our limit by noon all and all it was a very good time probably the best hunt i have had
parr0098
hunter

non-res.

Postby webfootwacker » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:13 pm

Yes, it is getting tougher up there.A lot of the local boys dont take too kindly to the non -res because they claim they are shooting the roosts which ive seen both sides do.Im from N.D. and go back every fall for the last 20yrs.and the politics are getting bad.We are fortunate because we have friends and family with posted land,but dont get me wrong,it is still a great state to freelance,besides Canada,but sometimes its like tennisshoe pass to get to spots and beat the caravan of suburbans out to non-posted land
webfootwacker
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:15 pm

Shooting the roost is a major No-No in the Dakotas and CA.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duck hunter cam » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:19 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Shooting the roost is a major No-No in the Dakotas and CA.

Thats right. :thumbsup:
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting