North Dakota land access for non resident

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

North Dakota land access for non resident

Postby Blubill » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Looking for some good advice for ND duck hunting land access.
I am a very experienced waterfowler in MN and WI, but have not hunted in ND before for waterfowl.
I am thinking of hunting there either this year or next. My question is about private
property. What are the restrictions or non restrictions for land or water opportunities.
I would rather stay away from the more public areas, as I really enjoy finding smaller
bodies of water and then setting up there. People have told me that if a area is not
posted, you can access that area and hunt there for the day. Just wondering if that
is stll true?,I will also be checking the ND laws on this also. Thank for the help.
Blubill
Newb

Re: North Dakota land access for non resident

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:38 pm

You can still hunt non-posted land. It's always a good idea to try to find the landowner anyways when possible, they appreciate it.

Go to the Game and Fish website and look for the PLOTS guide. The state has around 1 million acres of public hunting land so there's plenty of small ponds and what not too.

Plenty of options, just be prepared to scout a lot no matter where you go.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Re: North Dakota land access for non resident

Postby Blubill » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Chris, thanks for the information. I will also do my scouting, thats half the fun.
Love this site, great information for all levels of skill.
Thanks again for your help and all future responses.
Blubill
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting