Heading to North Dakota

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Heading to North Dakota

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am

Hey guys/gals, some friends and I are making our annual trip to north dakota next friday. Just wondering how the duck numbers look so far this season. We will be hunting out of woodworth and medina. Good Luck to you all this year hope everyone has a safe and successful season!
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Re: Heading to North Dakota

Postby Idahohunter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 am

Just scouted near williston seen a lot a lot of ducks and a few honkers my brother and I have been out 3times and killed 31 ducks and one honker gonna hit it again this weekend good luck and have fun
Idahohunter
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:03 pm

It's dry, expect that when you come. The bird numbers are pretty good, but we got weather coming over the next 24 hours...could shake things up so we'll see.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Looking for any general info on the NoDak migration. Has this cold snap and snow pushed new birds into ND? Has it pushed many out? Are mallards starting to hit the fields pretty hard? Lastly, is the peak of the mallard migration still a long ways off or possibly getting close with the early cold fronts? Any info would be appreciated...thanks
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby mudbugs46 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 pm

HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU NEED A KAYAK OR BOAT - I PLAN ON HUNTING FIELDS ONLY -UNLESS EASY ACCESS - [b]I AM AN OLD FART [/b]- PRESENTS ITSELF -

HOPE TO GET PERMISSION TO DRIVE 4 WHEEL TRUCK INTO HARVESTED FIELDS TO DROP DEKES AND BLONDS - NNNONNNNNOOO HUNEY I MEANT BLINDS - ANYWAY HUNTING ALONE - 2ND TRIP TO ND - OTHER TIMES N CANADA - MINNEDOSA - TOO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT AND FINES TO GO ACROSS THE BORDER - EVEN WTH MORE GAME ALLOWED -

OH AND I JUST SAW ONE OF THOSE FANCY FOOD CHANNELS = THEY WERE COOKING DUCK BREAST STUFFED WTH ONION AND PEPPER - COOKED ON GRILL - WE HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YRS. - SHOOT EM AND EAT EM -

DRIVE SAFE AND HOPE YOUR DOG DOES WELL

WE HAVE A 7 MO. OLD CHOCOLATE LAB 0 ==80 LBS - GOT SOME SMARTS BUT WILL NEED A GOOD TRAINER - THE 13 YR OLD LAB HAS THE HEART BUT NOT THE WIND - BUT AS LONG AS SHE HAS A GLEEM N HER EYE AND EAT AND crap - SHE WILL CONTINUE TO WALK THIS EARTH -

C YA AT THE X
mudbugs46
Newb

Postby mudbugs46 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:37 pm

HOPE YOU DO WELL =- SENT POST A FEW MIN. AGO

I WILL BE IN MEDINA - HOPE TO GET 2 HUNT AROUND THERE AND WOODWORTH AND CHASE LAKE

C YA - HOPE THE ARABS LIKE ALL THE GAS WE ARE BURNING

DRIVE SAFE - GO DOGS

CHRS
mudbugs46
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting