coming home with my kids, quick questions on bird numbers.

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

coming home with my kids, quick questions on bird numbers.

Postby cackler26 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Need some help. My little girls are dying for me to take them back home up by devils lake duck and goose hunting. The thing is I hunt here just south of Stuttgart AR. But no hunting is better than the prairie. I have it all planned out just money is a little tight. Not asking for folks to give there spots away I already have that. Just want honest assessment on duck numbers in the area. Any help is greatly appreciated.
cackler26
hunter

Re: coming home with my kids, quick questions on bird numbers.

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 pm

You'll be fine...how many years has it been since you've been home? That area is changing.....
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby cackler26 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

To long going on 10 years. I know the lake has expanded a lot. Around greers ferry where I used to go is under water. Had moved further out by leeds. I am not to worried about killing a bunch my little girls just want to see birds and get to shoot at some. Took my to eight year old twins pheasant hunting in Kansas and little girl knocked down a big rooster. FRiends already want her to go this year instead of me. I just don't have any sons and my little girls would follow me anywhere so I think I owe them to show them all I can and I feel so lucky to get to do it with them. So birds are still around in good numbers?
cackler26
hunter

Postby DukkHunter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:18 pm

good numbers in the devils lake area this year... with all the small water in the area drying up from last year, the birds have refuged on the lake. as chris said you should be fine.
work sucks.... lets hunt!
DukkHunter
hunter

Postby cackler26 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey, thanks for the help.
cackler26
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting