Duck Hunting Forum banner

Any ducks around Bowman??

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gvegas88 
#1 ·
I'll be stayin in Bowman for the second week in october and drivin 30 minuts everyday to go pheasant hunting, just wondering if yall get wrapped up in ducks around october??

#2 ·
The second week of October can be pretty slow for duck hunting. By that time most of the locals have been pushed out and we have to wait for the birds to come down from canada. North Dakota is also going through a pretty bad drought right now. I have never hunted that part of the state before and I'm not sure on whats all out there. My best advice is that if you find ducks that are roosting on a body of water watch which field the ducks are using to feed in. Do not hunt the water that the birds are using for resting. By doing so you will push the birds out of the area and you wont get another crack at them. By hunting the fields the ducks are using you will get multiple chances to hunt the same birds. Hunt pheasents in the morning and field hunt ducks in the evening and you will have the best of both worlds many times over. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.