Duck Hunting Forum banner

Going to North Dakota- lodging question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DCronk 
#1 ·
Hi guys, a couple buddies and myself Are going to North Dakota this coming season for the 2nd week of October. My buddies aren't good at the whole planning ahead thing, so it looks like it's up to me.

My main concern is lodging. I have found some hotels online, but we will have 2 dogs and be there for 10 days so I think that may get a little cramped. I talked to another friend who rents a farmhouse for a week, but they will be using it the same week so that's a no go. Does anyone know of anyone who rents out places to stay for a week or so? Or what is the best way to find lodging? I tried searching online but it seems like the only lodges listed are guide services or full service Lodges ( we would cook and clean and provide our own food and supplies), we basically just need a place to sleep/ hang out between hunts.

Any advice or info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Drew

#2 ·
Guess I should add, we do not have a specific area we need to go. Prolly looking to stay east of Bismarck and wouldn't want to go much more north than devils lake. We enjoy scouting and from what I have heard and read, it seems like there can be good hunting pretty much anywhere, so any info on rental housing would be much appreciated. I checked the yellow pages, but it seems that they are mostly real state companies looking for more than a weeks rental. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.