Looking for birds

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Looking for birds

Postby MHeintz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:05 am

Hey guys,

Thinkin about heading out over my thanksgiving break from school. just wondering if you guys would be able to help me out on some areas. If i head out it will be around Nov. 20th so any help you be nice. We Last year around this same time and ended up hunting around jamestown. If any of you guys that go to school out there or live there would like to hunt that would be fun. I think the group will have 2 or more trailers so the we will have the set up. A couple of Guys for sdsu will be going also.

Let me know

Thanks,

Max Heintz
MHeintz
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:17 am

Most guys wont give out hunting area's over the internet. Many people have been burned doing that. If somebody posts up a good area it seems that area gets over run by hunters. Put in some scouting time and you should find birds.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby MHeintz » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:50 am

hey thanks man i was looking for a general area
MHeintz
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:23 am

Your best bet would be to look up the drought index for ND on the internet. Many areas are dry this year and the areas whare there is water many of the local ducks have been pushed out of the state by hunting pressure. At the time of Nov. you will be hunting most birds could be gone. Find an area with big lakes which the birds will be using to roost and hunt the fields which they are feeding in. I would guess most of the smaller sloughs and lakes will be froze up by that time but you never know.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby captaingoose » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:52 pm

I think Nov 20th will be too late. We had a big storm here monday night. LOTS of birds pushed out. I give it one more week for ducks, and itll be mostly over. But I could be wrong. All the small and medium waters are froze, and one calm night will finish off the larger waters.
captaingoose
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting