coming to minot

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

coming to minot

Postby duckseliminated » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:43 pm

i'm coming to minot afb from alaska. i was just wondering what the people are like and i wont ask what everybody always asks "how's the hunting and does anyone know of any spots" i'll find that out on my own. all i wanted to know is how are the people and what's there to do in the town. i'll be there in may
duckseliminated
Newb

Postby duckseliminated » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:47 pm

hey sorry guys if i sounded like a jerk. i'm just curious as to what it's like down there.
duckseliminated
Newb

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:38 pm

Great people and a great area for a waterfowler.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby vermeeson » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:57 pm

I have been coming out for the past 6 years to the Devil's Lake area. It's getting harder to get on posted lands, which are being posted by area guides. Others are sick of being called day and night by hunters. I have always found rural people to be decent and down to earth. They generally shy away from an aggressive fast talking approach usually associated with "big city people". You'll find permission to hunt if you're easy going and polite. Actions speak louder than words, so if I were in your position, I'd check out some farm operations this spring when they're planting and offer to help with some chores in exchange for hunting privileges. I've done this with great success here in WI. You'll get to come and go from the property as if you're family and you'll likely make some great friendships in the process. Have fun and thanks for serving our nation...
vermeeson
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting