Guided hunts

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Guided hunts

Postby Alex.18 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:11 am

Hey guys. Im looking for a guided hunt for myself and 2 of my buddies. Were from Louisiana and want to make a trip up north this season for a change of scenery. If there are any guide services you have used or would recommend, please let me know. Looking for mallards/pintails and geese so what would be the best time of the season to get up there an hunt? Thanks in advance
Alex.18
hunter

Re: Guided hunts

Postby leexrayshady » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Please dont use guides, in North dakota there is no reason to need a guide. This isnt the southern US, It is very easy to find and hunt birds up here if you do your scouting. All Guides do is ruin the fun for everybody.
leexrayshady
Newb

Postby Alex.18 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:29 pm

I appreciate the reply. We just dont have time to go scout and wont really have the resources to do so either. Planning on flying in on a friday morning and flying out either saturday night or sunday morning
Alex.18
hunter

Postby H2OfowlND » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 am

I see you asked on a few other state forums about guides in those respective states. Let me see if I have this correct...you plan on flying into ND on a Friday and then leaving either the next day or Sunday? ND is nothing like the Southern states when it comes to predictable waterfowl hunting. I know, I'm from ND and now live in Louisiana. You can do what you are thinking/planning, but you might be highly disappointed. If you are strictly looking to shoot birds just head up to AR or MO. To pick a weekend and just shoot limits of greenheads and pintails is a crap shoot at best for guessing the right weekend.
My advice would be to plan a trip for next year and take in the whole experience of going to my home state, you won't be disappointed.

H2O
H2OfowlND
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting