Upcoming hunting trip

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Upcoming hunting trip

Postby Pink Huntress » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 am

Hello fellow hunters-

I will be heading to Jamestown, ND at the end of October for duck and geese. This is my second year out there but still unfamiliar with everything. Looking for any tips or suggestions that will make my hunt a success! (lodging, area, water levels) Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Pink Huntress
Newb

Re: Upcoming hunting trip

Postby tbossart » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm

My advice is to really do your research before you show up. Regionally out there it is hit and miss with some areas being really wet and others not so much and some very not so much. You can use teh ND game and fish ressources to help you figure out where your best odds are of finding the conditions you desire to hunt, and then give your self time once here to be able to socut the area out. It always comes down to time socuting to find the birds or area to hunt and time getting to know the land owners if the land is posted.
tbossart
hunter

Postby Pink Huntress » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks so much for the reply. I have been researching, and when I was there 2years ago I met some local farmers that were amazing! This year lodging will be different, so im not sure where I will be staying so far. Trying to make it the most sufficient trip. Do you have any advice for lodging or know of a place?
Pink Huntress
Newb

Postby tbossart » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:49 am

Are you looking to stay in a hotel or find a house to rent? I would look in the local Jamestown paper, and I dont know the name of it, sorry, for places for rent. I do know the hotels in Jamestown are pretty hunter freindly for sure. Another idea would be to contact those farmers and see if they know of anyone with a place for rent etc. If I hear of anythign while out in that area I will sure keep you in mind and let you know.
tbossart
hunter

Postby Pink Huntress » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 am

I am open for anything. 2 years ago I stayed at a motel, nothing special but it was all I needed. Thanks for the tips and I appreciate you keeping me in mind! When do you go out there?
Pink Huntress
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting