Ducks/Geese in the fields

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Ducks/Geese in the fields

Postby tbossart » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 am

Anyone else noticing a general lack of larger feeds going on? I have been out in the Jamestown area and while we are seeing decent bird numbers when out for early goose, we just have not come across the really big feeds yet. Just curioous. I know its been hot as hell and that is one reason, but usually even when hot we can find feeds of a few hundred ducks and geese. Not so this year yet. Early goose has been great when we have gone out. Too damn hot early on to sit in a field though.
tbossart
hunter

Re: Ducks/Geese in the fields

Postby tbossart » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Little update:

No worries on ducks in the fields as of the last two weekends. Plenty around in big numbers. Fewer Pintails though. Hope you are all having a great season to dae. We are enjoying ourselves a ton. All of my crew have our boys off to first year of college, so just us orignal guys back together with no kids...been easily 15 years for some us since we hunted with out our children..sorta of wierd, but its nice too. Good luck to all as the season goes forward.
tbossart
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting