Kyle Blancfield Devils Lake

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Kyle Blancfield Devils Lake

Postby recker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:02 pm

It amazes me when people ask about guides in ND. Maybe they just dont know but watching some of this guys videos with six or seven guys shooting at once at the same duck I dont get it. I hunt in SD mostly but some years I dont get a license so I head to ND but have no problem finding areas without people where we get ducks and just freelance. This guy is part of the problem and locks up a ton of land from what I hear around devils lake.

I guess I understand if you are from way out of state and hook up with him but if you are from Minn or Wisconsin no reason to hook with guys like that. So much free roam and I just dont see the fun in it imo.
recker
hunter

Re: Kyle Blancfield Devils Lake

Postby Idaho Mike » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 am

As a ND free lance hunter from Idaho I couldn't have said that better! :thumbsup:
recker wrote:It amazes me when people ask about guides in ND. Maybe they just dont know but watching some of this guys videos with six or seven guys shooting at once at the same duck I dont get it. I hunt in SD mostly but some years I dont get a license so I head to ND but have no problem finding areas without people where we get ducks and just freelance. This guy is part of the problem and locks up a ton of land from what I hear around devils lake.

I guess I understand if you are from way out of state and hook up with him but if you are from Minn or Wisconsin no reason to hook with guys like that. So much free roam and I just dont see the fun in it imo.

As a ND free lance hunter from Idaho I couldn't have said that better! :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 pm

IM from VA and just drove out 1730 miles and still freelanced it. Half the fun is the adventure of finding the birds and getting into the action. met some great people and had an awesome time. one limit but still had way more fun than back home in the duckless state:)
lbhansford
hunter

Postby johanloza11 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey guys,

Couldn't agree with you more! I am actually going up to grand forks from Minnesota and I am basically going up there blind. Will obviously do some driving around the first days. I was told to go west towards Devils lake since I am staying in Grand Forks. Will I have any trouble getting into some spots? Any tips of what areas to look at? I am asking for a few tips here, since I am going alone (with the dog) and I have never been up there before. Your help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks,
johanloza11
Newb

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 am

johanloza11 wrote:Hey guys,

Couldn't agree with you more! I am actually going up to grand forks from Minnesota and I am basically going up there blind. Will obviously do some driving around the first days. I was told to go west towards Devils lake since I am staying in Grand Forks. Will I have any trouble getting into some spots? Any tips of what areas to look at? I am asking for a few tips here, since I am going alone (with the dog) and I have never been up there before. Your help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks,

Spend some time looking at google earth for bigger water and determine where to go from there.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting