Montana Transplant

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Montana Transplant

Postby MontanaNewbie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Hello Everyone, new to this state but not new to duck hunting. I accepted an oil job about a month ago and am now living in Stanley. First off, I am not looking nor asking for anyone's spot, honey hole, permission, duck report, or anything related. I am going to keep my Montana Residency while I am here so I have been looking online to see what it costs and such for a non resident. The money is not the issue but for the past hour or so I have been only able to find that a Non Resident can only hunt waterfowl for a maximum of a 14 day period. Am I seeing this right? Do any of you know if a person could buy 3 or 4 periods of those 14 days if I wanted to hunt all season? Any help would be much appreciated.
Picked a place that seemed in the middle of nowhere and got it
MontanaNewbie
hunter

Re: Montana Transplant

Postby H2OfowlND » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:00 pm

You read it right, NR can only hunt for a total of 14 days during the regular waterfowl season. It can be broken into 2 - 7 day blocks.

H2O
H2OfowlND
hunter

Re: Montana Transplant

Postby slough » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:35 pm

H2O is right. 14 days or 2-7 day periods are the only options. How long can you live and work in a state before you legally are supposed to claim residency?
slough
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting