Trade: Custom Built Aluminum Boat for a hunt

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Trade: Custom Built Aluminum Boat for a hunt

Postby JustinJ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:52 am

Just putting this out there to see if I get any response. I'm a custom aluminum boat builder from south Louisiana , now residing in south Ms after huricaine Katrina. Life long, respecful, muture duck hunter. WIth the wetlands loss we are experiencing at record pace down here, and the changing in migration patterns with new agriculture paractices to the north of us, I fear the writting is on the wall for the future of waterfowl hunting in South La, or at least hunting as many of us down hear have come to know. THrough the 80's and 90's we had a very larger track of swamp that offered some of the finest duck hunting anywhere in this country had to offer, and in just a few years because of invasive aquitic weeds, and canal dredging, we watched this place go from world clase duck hunting to not a duck to be seen in there. We also own some land below Venice La, near the mouth of the Ms river. We still do rather well there, but the wetlands are vanishing at an alarming rate, and the ducks just are not showing up like they use to.

With all that said, I've been wanting to get up north for the last few years, just havn't gotten around to it. Was just woundering if there is any need for a custom built aluminum duck boat, either mud boat or outboard in that part of the world. I would be willing to build a custom boat, however you would want for strickly cost of materials. In return, all I'm looking for really is advise. I'm not looking to be guided, not looking to be put on somebodys honey hole, just looking for someone who can tell where to head and when to do it, and tell my the proper ways so as not to do anything wrong. I'm not looking to "murder" anything, or kill record numbers, would just like to see the other end of duck hunting, where our ducks come from down here. More so, I would really like to shoot some pheasant, or even some snipe or woodcock if any of that is decent in your part of the world. I might also be able to recipricate, If anyone would like to see what duck hunting down here is like, with all the birds in full plumige. Can also offer some world class redfish and speckletrout fishing, or get out after some big yellowfin tuna.
I'm a life long, 2nd generation boat builder. I run a small boat building buisness on the side of my steady 40hr job. Can build anything you can dream up, to just about any specs. I can also rig, paint and procure a trailer and provide a turn key package if desired.

Attached are just a few pictures of a couple of boats I built this past summer. If anyone is interested, just PM me, and we can talk some detailes.

Thanks,
Justin
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (91.34 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
photo 5.JPG
JustinJ
hunter

Re: Trade: Custom Built Aluminum Boat for a hunt

Postby WildDuckman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am

Very Impressive!!!! I like it a lot!!! :thumbsup:
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby grey duck » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:25 am

Not from ND but I think I can help. Just so happens I am looking for a boat. Check out the video I made last year and let me know if you are interested. http://youtu.be/8FsZ2WspquM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grey duck
hunter

Postby tsamp » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:45 am

PM me and I can help in that department if you are still looking. And nice boats!!
tsamp
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting