Looking forward to opener

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Looking forward to opener

Postby SKi'n'Hunt » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:20 am

Just curious how many people have been out scouting and looking forward to hunting these first couple weeks. (looks like it may be a little slow for the next few weeks)
SKi'n'Hunt
hunter

Postby h2oski » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:10 am

Been finding more birds now, but not as many as past years. Could end up being a tough season. Time will tell.

I have spent a few miles on the vehicle and got a spot picked for Saturday morning and one for Sunday morning. Permission has been granted by the landowner and land is posted, so I feel real good about this weekend.

Unfortunately they are talking a high of 82 degrees on Saturday. That really doesn't sound like duck hunting weather. Especially in 5mm neoprene waders.

If I had my way, it would snow the first of October every year.

Sunday night I will re-adjust to conditions and we will see how the ducks have re-acted to the opener. The big change will come when both R's and NR's are pushing birds around the following weekend. Hopefully the pressure isn't too much and we can hold some birds here for a while.

Stay safe in the field.
Hunt to live, live to hunt

If you can't ski with the big dogs, stay on the dock.
h2oski
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:54 am

h2oski wrote: The big change will come when both R's and NR's are pushing birds around the following weekend. Hopefully the pressure isn't too much and we can hold some birds here for a while.

If it's like most years the pressure will be overwhelming and the birds will head into S.D.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting