Been finding more birds now, but not as many as past years. Could end up being a tough season. Time will tell.
I have spent a few miles on the vehicle and got a spot picked for Saturday morning and one for Sunday morning. Permission has been granted by the landowner and land is posted, so I feel real good about this weekend.
Unfortunately they are talking a high of 82 degrees on Saturday. That really doesn't sound like duck hunting weather. Especially in 5mm neoprene waders.
If I had my way, it would snow the first of October every year.
Sunday night I will re-adjust to conditions and we will see how the ducks have re-acted to the opener. The big change will come when both R's and NR's are pushing birds around the following weekend. Hopefully the pressure isn't too much and we can hold some birds here for a while.
Stay safe in the field.
Hunt to live, live to hunt
If you can't ski with the big dogs, stay on the dock.