Better Time

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Better Time

Postby nrthmnhunter » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:33 pm

I'm looking to take a trip to webster either October 18-21 or november 2-5 for a duck and goose hunt. Which would be a better time?
nrthmnhunter
Newb

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Nobody can predict the weather. It all depends on pressure. I haven't hunted there in a decade...it can be a zoo.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby h2oski » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:28 am

That is a tough call on dates. right now it is a zoo. Hard to find birds right now.
Hunt to live, live to hunt

If you can't ski with the big dogs, stay on the dock.
h2oski
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:36 pm

h2oski wrote:That is a tough call on dates. right now it is a zoo. Hard to find birds right now.

Aint that the truth. I would pick November.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby nrthmnhunter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 pm

Thanks guys well i just found out tonight that our group leaves tomorrow. But hey i cant complain its still a hunting trip.
nrthmnhunter
Newb

Postby the legend » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:42 pm

my cousin was up in devils lake last weekend, ducks all over. they shot a bunch with beer cans floatin in the dekes. we are headin that way to Lakota on the 19th. he says they are all over there. these north dakotans arent stupid. they dont want all the out of state pressure. read the earlier posts. not one good thing to say about the duck population, yet i was up in the lakota area a month ago and there was a pile of resident ducks.
"A legend in his own mind."
the legend
hunter

Postby h2oski » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 am

they shot a bunch with beer cans floatin in the dekes.

drinking and hunting? Did they leave the beer cans out or pick them up?

these north dakotans arent stupid. they dont want all the out of state pressure.

Umm, that coming from the guy who lives in SD where they only allow 6,000 NR's in the state for waterfowl hunting. ND has no cap, so who is worried about pressure? :huh: We don't need beer cans floating in our ponds either.

yet i was up in the lakota area a month ago and there was a pile of resident ducks.

a month ago is a long time for ducks to move around.
Hunt to live, live to hunt

If you can't ski with the big dogs, stay on the dock.
h2oski
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:21 pm

the legend wrote:these north dakotans arent stupid. they dont want all the out of state pressure. read the earlier posts. not one good thing to say about the duck population, yet i was up in the lakota area a month ago and there was a pile of resident ducks.

Taken from the NDGF website.

Duck Brood Index Down from Last Year.
North Dakota's 2007 fall duck flight is expected to be down about 50 percent from last year...

We are just stating the facts. I'm glad you saw birds.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby the legend » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:23 pm

we absolutely smoked the ducks on our trip to lakota. had a great time and enjoyed alot of north dakota hospitality. the beer cans is something my cousins do, not me. i will not drink and hunt. looks like we got a cabin up there now, and gonna make it a yearly thing. we have alot of posted private land to hunt on. the other hunters at the hotel were not near as lucky as us, but they were all feild hunting. we tore em up with our water spreads. seems that everyone is into hunting the feilds, and scared em right to us. works for me.
"A legend in his own mind."
the legend
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting