Looking to buy land

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Looking to buy land

Postby RaiderHater » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello North Dakota.

I would like your oppinion on where to look.

I am looking to sell some land in CO and buy some in North or South Dakota. I am looking for 40 to 200 acres. I have only a few needs.

First and formost I am looking for good hunting. Most of all we want to have a place to hunt ducks. Geese, Upland birds, Deer, Turkey, etc. are all bonuses but Ducks are what we are most interested in.

Second, we would like the land to produce some income. Being able to lease the non-wetland parts or get paid through the crp program would be needed to offset the costs.

Third, total cost of the land should be between 75,000 and 200,000. I have found 160 acre plots in that price range across the state but don't know where the real duck hunting areas are.

Last, any ideas on how I could allow others to use my land but make sure it was not overhunted. I would only have the opportunity to make two or three trips a year up there and would want someone to enjoy hunting the land. I would not want to charge but would want to ensure no over hunting.

What part of the state should I be looking in? Where do the real duck hunters wish they lived?

Thanks Gentlemen,

Joe
RaiderHater
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting