Looking to build a bunch of land and make about 6 pits.

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Looking to build a bunch of land and make about 6 pits.

Postby mashin_da_ducks » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi im looking into buying a bunch of land. I want to lease it to for hunts. Im looking for and area that the ducks fly over. It will need to be by a creek because i will be flooding the fields. Anyone who gives me pics of places and i choose that area will get to hunt for free there for one whole year.
Give a kid a duck and he will be happy for an hour, teach him to hunt and he will be hooked for life!
mashin_da_ducks
hunter

Re: Looking to build a bunch of land and make about 6 pits.

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:25 am

mashin_da_ducks wrote: Anyone who gives me pics of places and i choose that area will get to hunt for free there for one whole year.

To be honest with you I don't know to many North Dakotans that are going to assist you with your request. Land being leased up takes away hunting opportunities, not just for us but for others that come to N.D. to hunt. Most anyone that comes to N.D. will tell you that freelancing is the way to go in N.D. Why pay to hunt when all you have to do is some scouting and knocking on a few doors to get the same hunting experience.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Dont think you will get alot of help either. but i would look around fargo and the red river :thumbsup:
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby mashin_da_ducks » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Thank you.
Give a kid a duck and he will be happy for an hour, teach him to hunt and he will be hooked for life!
mashin_da_ducks
hunter

Postby h2oski » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:53 am

Fargo is too far south. You really need to look at the Pembina area. The Canadians built a dike so water doesn't drain north like it should (they call it road, but nobody drives on it). It is very prone to flooding.

Unfortunately I just noticed in the Grand Forks Herald that land just sold last week up there for $5600/acre. And I know of a piece south of there around Grafton that went for $4300/acre. Hope you got deep pockets.
Hunt to live, live to hunt

If you can't ski with the big dogs, stay on the dock.
h2oski
hunter

Postby Matt Jones » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't think it's a real good idea to be honest. Waterfowling in ND is more about finding where the birds are and then hunting them there. Not about setting up a spot and having them come to you.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, it just doesn't seem cost-effective or necessary for how much money you're talking.
Matt Jones
hunter

Postby DangleCity » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:54 pm

As far as showing interest in our state....Thanks, but no thanks. Here in North Dakota we pride ourselves on being totally reliant on ourselves. Our state is freelancer oriented and the mass purchasing of land for "duck club" or outfitting is WIDELY frowned upon.

As far as land "that ducks fly over".... it would be hard to find. The hunting here is almost entirely dependant on mobility.
Whistlers on the deck!
DangleCity
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting