Rally Call

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Rally Call

Postby Matt Jones » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:03 am

So who's all on here? I'm new to the site and just wondering if there's some familiar names here. :welcome:
Matt Jones
hunter

Postby Heavy Hitter » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 am

What's up Jones? I'm pretty sure you already have beat me in posts on this site and I've been registered for a couple of years.

Don't find too many names that I recognize here and mostly check in with the reloading guys.

Are you still planning on moving? I thought you had said on another forum that you were getting ready to move?

Later,
Kyle
Heavy Hitter
hunter

Postby Matt Jones » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:32 am

No, I'll be in ND for awhile. I just said that I could see myself moving in the future.

Not a whole lot else is new. I've been mounting a few birds and I'm trying to figure a way out to Minot for the Delta banquet Friday. Hopefully we can get a caravan going! :drinking:

How about you?
Matt Jones
hunter

Postby h2oski » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:01 am

Hi all. I am new here. Hunted geese when I was growing up but didn't get heavy into the ducks until about age 24. I still hunt upland more than anything else, but hunt ducks more than geese now.

ND born and raised. Have lived from Fargo to Watford City and a few spots inbetween.

Have a background in wildlife habitat management and soils. Own two dogs a brittany and a yellow lab.

My biggest passion next to hunting is waterskiing. 36 mph and 22 off on a HO Vengence or HO Mach 1 depending on lake conditions.
Hunt to live, live to hunt

If you can't ski with the big dogs, stay on the dock.
h2oski
hunter

Postby Heavy Hitter » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 am

h2oski- You sound like a typical ND'er that enjoys his outdoors whatever the time of year is. Where do you currently reside?

Jones, I can't imagine a road trip with your crew :crazy: . Hope you guys have a good time.

I'll be spending the weekend on DL, first ice fishing for me this winter and probably the last as well. SOB's will be here within a month.
Heavy Hitter
hunter

Postby DangleCity » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 pm

jones its Lillehoff....
Whistlers on the deck!
DangleCity
hunter

Postby h2oski » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:46 am

h2oski- You sound like a typical ND'er that enjoys his outdoors whatever the time of year is. Where do you currently reside?

Work in Devils Lake.

You say "typical", my wife would say "obsessed". :yes:

HH: fishing has tapered off a little. 3-7pm seems best for the walleyes right now. I haven't been on the ice since this last blanket of snow so make sure you are buddying up with 4x4's and have a tow strap. Lots of guys using snomobiles now to get to places to fish. Good luck fishing

h2oski
hunter

Postby Heavy Hitter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:17 am

I hear ya i'm staying with a buddy up in Cando that's been out quite a bit. He said a 4x4 is a must on the lake... it's going to be nice as I'm taking off a little after noon tomorrow to head up and start fishing. Holes will already be drilled :biggrin:
Heavy Hitter
hunter

Postby DangleCity » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:36 am

word on the street says Irving has been kickin out a TON of pike in shallow. anyone vouch for this?
Whistlers on the deck!
DangleCity
hunter

Postby h2oski » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:53 am

I can't confirm it, but from what I understand they are catching pike pretty much everywhere. The guys have been calling "perch patrol guide service" Northern Patrol Guide Service because they are running guys up into Pelican and other spots and just chasing northerns all day long.

I am pretty sure any ice fishing on DL would include hooking a pike at some point in time.

h2oski
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Matt Jones wrote:I'm trying to figure a way out to Minot for the Delta banquet Friday. Hopefully we can get a caravan going! :drinking:

How about you?

Too bad you didn't make it Jones, you missed a good time. :hammer:
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Heavy Hitter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:45 pm

WOW, what a beauty of a weekend it was. Fishing was nothing short of spectacular! May have to venture on up again this weekend :yes:
Heavy Hitter
hunter

Postby Matt Jones » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:18 pm

I don't doubt it Hustad. Everyone bailed on going and Lill and I were the only ones who still wanted to make it. But it was just too expensive for the 2 of us to do it. We needed a caravan.

I'll be in Biz next weekend, you down to tip a couple back?
Matt Jones
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Is it the taxidermy convention already??
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby pj » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:32 am

DangleCity wrote:jones its Lillehoff....

Dangles...
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting