WHERE THE DUCKS AT???

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

WHERE THE DUCKS AT???

Postby bloodjunkie » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:38 am

I AM PLANING A TRIP TO DEVILS LAKE OR SOME WHERE NEAR THERE AND I WAS WONDERING ABOUT SOME STUFF .... ITS ARE FIRST TIME THERE .....COULD SOMEONE HELP ME OUT 1. WHAT PART OF THE LAKE HAS THE BEST ALL AROUND HUNTING GOOSE PUDDLE DUCKS AND DIVERS ANY THING WILL HELP .2 WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE I COULD FIND WITH A BOAT ACTSESS AND A PLACE TO CAMP ..... THATS ALL I HAVE NOW ILL EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS ......THANKS ..............P.S .............I GOT A MAP OF THE LAKE SO TOWN NAMES AND BAY NAMES WILL REALLY HELP ALOT :thumbsup:
AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

XXX BLOODJUNKIE XXX [/b]
bloodjunkie
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:58 pm

First off, what are you bringing for a boat?

Devils Lake is a dangerous lake for small boats, and there's been too many deaths to waterfowlers there in recent years.

Second, most of your dark geese will be in the potholes, not on the main lake.

Third, there are boat accesses all over the lake, I guess it depends on where you're staying and how long of a drive you'd like.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby bloodjunkie » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:06 pm

FIRST OFF I HAVE A 18 .FT TRACKER 80HP MOTER MOR THAN CAPABLE TO HANDLE BIG WATER ....... IM COMEING FROM THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF ND AND IM COMEIN SOME TIME IN OCTOBER AND IM LOOKIN FOR SOME BILLS MALLARDS AND WIGINS FOR GEESE CANADIANS AND SNOWS AND WE WILL PROBALY BE HUNTING SOME WHERE ON THE SOUTH SOUTH EAST SIDE OF THE LAKE AND NOW THAT YOU SAY SOMETHING I COULD USE HELP FINDIN SOME GOOD POT HOLES AND PONDS TO HUNT I WILL BE THERE FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS
....AND COULD YOU TELL ME IF THERES FLOODED TIMBER I HEAR THE IS A LOT AND FROM OTHER PEOPLE THERES NOT MUCH LIKE VERY SMALL PATCH'S ......... OYEAH AND THANX ADMIN FOR YOUR HELP

XXX BLOODJUNKIE XXX[/b]
bloodjunkie
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:28 am

admin wrote:First off, what are you bringing for a boat?

Devils Lake is a dangerous lake for small boats, and there's been too many deaths to waterfowlers there in recent years.

Second, most of your dark geese will be in the potholes, not on the main lake.

Third, there are boat accesses all over the lake, I guess it depends on where you're staying and how long of a drive you'd like.

yep way to many deaths happenin to waterfowlers out there its a big lake.
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby bloodjunkie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:11 pm

HAY IM ALSO LOOKING NEAR FARGO IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER TO ME WHERE WE HUNT ASLONG AS IM HUNTING AND BIRDS WOULD BE NICE TOO I HEARD THERE IS A MAP OF PUBLIC LAND ALL AROUND THE STATE BUT IM HAVEING NO LUCK FINDING IT COULD SOME ONE HELP ME OUT THANX........

XXXBLOODJUNKIEXXX
bloodjunkie
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:59 am

Bloodjunkie

QUIT USING CAPPED LETTERS!!!! On websites it means you are SHOUTING! :umm:

Forget Fargo area--that is flat land. Go farther west like to Jamestown, or Bismark. And forget about the Snows in ND---you'd be lucky to get into any of them, and if you did it would be North of Hwy 2, and only for a day or 2, and the last week of Oct . There has not been a decent # of Snows migrating into ND for 10 years now--they overfly ND now.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bloodjunkie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:37 am

ok were just puttin a map together of info that we have been gotting from you guys and friends thanx alot

xxxBLOODJUNKIExxx
bloodjunkie
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Go to the USFWS service and see if you can find a map of the Prairie Pothole Region, maybe even DU has one. The point is, in this region is where you will find the most ducks and dark geese.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting