college in fargo

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

college in fargo

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:58 am

i was looking at north dakota state university as a college in fargo but i have a few questions

whats fargo like and is there any good hunting oppurtunities also if there is any hunting up that way is it hard to get on some private land
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

college

Postby hunterduck » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:26 am

Don't know your major but have you considered South Dakota State. My son is a 5th year senior and they have a decent out of state tuiton
hunterduck
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 am

I'm an NDSU grad myself. I also grew up in Fargo.

Fantastic for local canadas and there's good hunting all over about 1-hour away.

UND in Grand Forks is good too...as well as St. Mary's in Bismarck
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby woodynd » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 am

I have lived in Fargo for the last 30 years. Nice place, good job opportunities, not a large city, but a ton of things to do. Hunting is fantastic within 1 to 2 hours away. No problem with getting on land as long as you go out and talk to farmers on a personal level and a lot of state land. Great fishing right in Fargo on the Red River also. Hope this helps.
woodynd
Newb

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Are you from the northside or the southside?

Just curious - I grew up north by Trollwood.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby woodynd » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:28 pm

I lived in the Golden Ridge for 12 years, then moved to southside by the new juvy detension center.
woodynd
Newb

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 am

Sure, I know where you're talking about.

Too bad you didn't stay on "the good side". :biggrin:

J/k
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 am

So Chris, I take it that you were a Spartan? I graduated from South in "94".

I moved out of Fargo four years ago to a small town in southern ND. I love being close to hunting as it sure saves on drive time and gas $$$ for scouting but I do miss Fargo a lot. It's a great town with a lot to offer as is Grand Forks and Bismarck. I don't think you could go wrong choosing any one of those towns.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:58 pm

NDH2OFOWLER wrote:So Chris, I take it that you were a Spartan? I graduated from South in "94".

I moved out of Fargo four years ago to a small town in southern ND. I love being close to hunting as it sure saves on drive time and gas $$$ for scouting but I do miss Fargo a lot. It's a great town with a lot to offer as is Grand Forks and Bismarck. I don't think you could go wrong choosing any one of those towns.

North.... South.... Tisk tisk!! You should have been on the right side of the track on the WEST SIDE!!!!! :rofl:
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:30 am

NDH2OFOWLER wrote:So Chris, I take it that you were a Spartan? I graduated from South in "94".

Yessir, graduated from North in '96. My brother graduated from North in '94.

I moved to Bismarck 5 years ago and since haven't missed Fargo at all. It's a heck of a good mix here with having a bigger town with a small-town feel...but having a ton of outdoor opportunities close by.

North.... South.... Tisk tisk!! You should have been on the right side of the track on the WEST SIDE!!!!!

Ya the Packer fans are growing like weeds nowadays...seems everyone is moving west. My brother moved by Horace a couple years ago....traitor.
:biggrin:
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting