Lodging and Hunting Info

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Lodging and Hunting Info

Postby TheGrizz18 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Hey there fellas i'm chris and I live in NC and have been interested in taking a trip to the great state of ND for site seeing and duck hunting. I have never been anywhere really but the east coast lol and I am looking to take a trip next year. I have been looking onlilne at hunting ranches and guided hunts and man they are expensive. I know that it's not gonna be cheap but some of these places are charging 300 a night just for lodging and exclusive hunting rights to 2000 acres. I am just wondering if anyone can lead me in the right direction of some cheaper places to stay that give exclusive hutning rights to land. I'm looking to stay for 5 days in october 2009. Please guys any help would be great. I not sure how it is in ND but in NC the local guys dont like guys that are not local and i'm speaking of the coastal guys dont like guys from the peidmont region and people that live on public lakes dont like guys that dont live there. I'm not that type of person and I think anyone that wants to duck hunt should be able to as long as they are responsible and ethical. I'm an ethical hunter and everyone I hunt with is so you dont have to worry about me messing you up. Well i'm rambling but I just wanted to share that with you guys so you know i'm a good guy but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just cant get on any ducks in NC like I want to and I am wanting to get out and see the states. If anyone is local and looking for someone to hunt with them that month I'm not lazy and I dont mind working for the hunt lol. I'm a great guy and i will do what it takes to shoot ducks. Please let me know and I know it is a long way off but I figure I need to start preparing as soon as possible. Well good luck this year and hope yall are keeping those barrels hot.
TheGrizz18
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Just bring your gear buy your license and start scouting. when you find ducks or geese go find the land owner if it is posted and most of the time they will let you right on the land. If it is not posted in nd you can just go on and hunt. I would stay at the local super 8 and scout then hunt. Most people are really nice and will let you hunt.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 pm

I second that...you don't need to look for people that offer places to hunt. Just knock on some doors and go where the birds are.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting