Places to stay next fall?

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Places to stay next fall?

Postby Ruger-44 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi. A few friends of mine from Montana and a few from Michigan are coming out to ND next fall for a duck/goose trip. Ok, actually I'm dragging them along so I can get my pup a lot of exposure to birds :biggrin:

We are looking at this place in Harvey: http://www.mickshunterhouse.com/ Anyone know this place/area? Any other suggestions? I know we need to move quick so we have a place. Thanks for any info you are willing to share.
Ruger's Stillwater Chocolate BEAR
Ruger's Bitterroot CHELI 1997-2007 RIP

Quacker Attacker Championship Calls Field Staff -- "We Call They Fall"
Ruger-44
hunter

Postby greenhead_shooter » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Funny. I pass that shack on the way to my hunting shack every year. I always see vehicles parked there, never knew it had a website. Lots of ducks around that area. Shouldn't have a problem limiting out.

Beware Hurdsfield has only 2 gas pumps and is not a station, insert card kinda place...if you know what i mean.

Its actually south of Harvey about 50 miles I think. Harvey does have a motel just south of town intersection of Hwy 52 and 3 which is also always packed with hunters, might want to try there too if your looking to get closer to harvey. I'd tell you where my shack is but, well you know, I just can't. :biggrin:

Also sounds like he has plenty of private land for you to hunt but pick up a ND PLOTS book, or get it online
http://gf.nd.gov/maps/plots.html
It was his day to die dad. - My 6 year old watching me clean my fowl.
greenhead_shooter
hunter

Postby Ruger-44 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
Ruger's Stillwater Chocolate BEAR
Ruger's Bitterroot CHELI 1997-2007 RIP

Quacker Attacker Championship Calls Field Staff -- "We Call They Fall"
Ruger-44
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Hurdsfield also has a lot of outfitters....although the biggest one recently got pinched HUGE for breaking a long list of game violations so it should be interesting if some of the land opens up.

greenhead_shooter wrote:Funny. I pass that shack on the way to my hunting shack every year. I always see vehicles parked there, never knew it had a website. Lots of ducks around that area. Shouldn't have a problem limiting out.

Beware Hurdsfield has only 2 gas pumps and is not a station, insert card kinda place...if you know what i mean.

Its actually south of Harvey about 50 miles I think. Harvey does have a motel just south of town intersection of Hwy 52 and 3 which is also always packed with hunters, might want to try there too if your looking to get closer to harvey. I'd tell you where my shack is but, well you know, I just can't. :biggrin:

Also sounds like he has plenty of private land for you to hunt but pick up a ND PLOTS book, or get it online
http://gf.nd.gov/maps/plots.html
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting